Company: Computer Aided Technology
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: March 17, 2020
Position Overview: The Payroll Specialist will be responsible
for administering all payroll activities including preparation,
submission, and reporting process for all payrolls. In addition,
the Payroll Specialist will provide support in all areas of the HR
department, including recruitment, employment, employee records,
employee relations, and benefits.Payroll responsibilities
- Process semi-monthly, multi-state payroll processing for 300+
- Perform calculation of wages to ensure compliance with federal
and state laws.
- Process payroll data for new hires, terminations, status
changes, merit increases, bonuses, commissions, tax deduction and
- Complete garnishment orders, unemployment verifications, and
other state reporting requests.
- Manage the time and attendance system. Process time records in
the payroll system and address any employee requests and
- Compile payroll information on a semiannual basis for the
Worker's Compensation Audit.
- Compile payroll statistics, maintain payroll control records,
and calculate payrolls. Compile bonus reports for senior management
to make decisions and monitor sales performance.
- Prepare monthly payroll reports and analytics required by the
Accounting and Finance Team in a timely manner. Provide Accounting
and Finance Team with reports to prepare account reconciliations
for payroll related accounts including monthly commission
- Maintain company-wide Human Resources KPI's.
- Create and run ad hoc reports on a scheduled and as needed
- In collaboration with HR Manager, continue to document, analyze
and evaluate existing payroll policies, procedures, and business
- Respond to all payroll inquires in a timely manner.
- Performs other payroll and HR related duties as assigned.Human
Resources responsibilities include:
- Fulfill requests for verification of employment.
- Provide support with new employee on-boarding and
- Provide statistical data for HR compliance surveys and
- Assist with HR projects as needed, such as HR events, benefits
open enrollment, employee communications and company-wide
- BS/BA in Business, Human Resources or related degree
- 2+ years experience in payroll processing
- Strong Excel skills required (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, Macros,
- Ability to audit, reconcile, and balance a variety of
HR/payroll data and transactions and perform analytics to present
business data for decision making.
- Large payroll system experience (such as Paylocity, ADP,
Netsuite,etc.) is a plus
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to
maintain confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of
a team; establishes positive working relationships
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal)
Why you'll love working for us:
- Full benefits packages available, including health, vision,
- Vacation, Paid Holidays (includes floating holidays), and PTO,
including voluntary time off
- 401K with a generous employer match
- Casual office attire, with the exception of customer
- Complimentary beverages and snacks provided
- Company culture that encourages innovation, tenacity, and
personal and professional development
Keywords: Computer Aided Technology, Buffalo Grove , Payroll Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!