Sr Financial Analyst, Finance
Company: Horizon Therapeutics
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us,
success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of
lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly
to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who
are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something
bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose
values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help
others live up to theirs.
The role of the senior financial analyst is to provide support for
key financial planning cycles and projects not limited to long
range plan, annual plan, forecasting and monthly review cycles.
This role will support the commercial team for the Gout and
Neuroimmunology business units as a finance business partner to the
commercial functional leaders and their respective teams. This is a
critical role as we continue to support our growing commercial
business units with standard planning processes for Horizon to
identify and leverage incremental operating efficiencies. This
position is also inclusive of the following:
- Prepare, analyze, and report consolidated Horizon periodic
results compared to plan, forecasts and prior year for key
functional leader in support of business performance for operating
- Develop and publish reports & presentations including analysis
of monthly, quarterly and annual results versus variance to plan,
forecast and prior year including identifying key variance drivers
and insightful commentaries.
- Evaluate all functional spending as needed including accrued
expenses and analyze actuals compared to plan, forecasts and prior
- Provide decision support including variance analysis, trends
and key drivers and identifying trends in financial performance and
providing recommendations for improvement. This may include running
current cost center reports, performing scenario and trade-off
analyses, income statement consolidation & analysis, reviews and
- Contribute to reporting requirements for monthly business
reviews, Executive Committee and Board of Directors as well as
reference analysis for Horizon.
- Lead and develop process standardization and improvements
including to share information, identify best practices and
improvement opportunities, communicate upcoming requirements,
- Present monthly results to the functional leaders and work with
them to identify root causes of variances and potential mitigation
strategies that can be undertaken to improve performance.
- Support year-end audit and any interim information needed by
Accounting/Tax organization and auditors.
- Engage in cross-functional teams to support company-wide
- Ensure accounting transactions and month-end closing
requirements are effectively completed in accordance with U.S. GAAP
and company policies in an accurate and consistent manner.
- Support Ad-hoc project.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years' experience with progressively responsible roles
focused on finance, accounting and financial planning and
- Strong financial background and solid accounting understanding-
general ledger, planning, forecasting, financial statement and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SAP and Planful a plus.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and operate in a
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated, as a
condition of employment, with Pfizer that has been fully approved
by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) or one of the vaccines
currently granted emergency use authorization by the FDA such as
Moderna or Johnson & Johnson. Fully vaccinated is defined as two
weeks after your final dose of the Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson &
Johnson vaccine. We will provide medical and religious
accommodations as required by law.
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified
applications are given equal opportunity and that selection
decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who,
because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in
completing this application or at any time during the application
process, should contact the Human Resources Department.
Keywords: Horizon Therapeutics, Buffalo Grove , Sr Financial Analyst, Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!