Company: KNIPEX Tools LP
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Position DescriptionGraphics Designer The KNIPEX Tools L.P.
(KTLP) Graphics Designer is responsible for design, creation and
preparation of various types of deliverable as a collaborator on
projects within the marketing department. As a creative resource,
this position will be assisting with and identifying design needs
to help continuously elevate the quality of marketing
Position OverviewThis individual will be responsible for executing
digital and print marketing projects which include: brochures and
literature, email marketing, social media graphic elements, videos,
photography, packaging design and layouts, merchandising elements,
tradeshow booth graphics, maintaining a photo library, etc.
The Graphics Designer will effectively communicate with the KTLP
management team, marketing team and sales department to ensure that
the visual design communicates the desired message and functions
Additional responsibilities include helping the marketing
department on other projects as needed, such as: developing
customer advertising, tradeshow support and product launch support.
The position responsibilities might vary based on candidates
marketing work experience and expertise.
- Independently manage the creative execution of web, print and
other visual communication needs of the company while maintaining
good communication with the project leads.
- Understand and execute the basics of good layout and design
principles as it relates to arrangement, space, size, type, style
and related aesthetics.
- Continuously build, update and maintain the KNIPEX product
graphic library. This includes photography, video, animations and
artwork files, etc.
- Manage and promote the use of brand style guides (uniform
colors, fonts, icons, page format, document organization, etc.) so
all communication presents a uniform look and message.
- Manage the design and editing of video projects from concept to
- Work with other members of the marketing department to help
design variations, additional creative assets, revisions,
print-ready files, etc.
- Develop, design and review packaging layouts.
- Interface with developers and production sources regarding
final production specifications.
- Design social media posts, contests and website banners to
highlight products and applications.
- Manage the graphic details of the tradeshow marketing schedule
and collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to provide sales
support materials and work with outside vendors in getting final
elements printed by the assigned deadlines.
- Maintain diligent attention to detail, proofreading and an eye
- Support the Marketing Vice President in various marketing
projects as needed.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that
meet company core values.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results
and participating on projects.
- Other appropriate tasks as assigned. This is a fast-paced
position that will be exposed to all marketing communications
areas, no two days are the same. A willingness to pitch in whenever
and wherever needed.
- Proven superior graphic and web design knowledge, ability and
- A BA degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- 3-5 years of proven successful experience in graphic design for
a consumer goods or manufacturing company with a strong portfolio
- Demonstrate working knowledge using Adobe Creative Suite
(including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and
Acrobat), Microsoft applications (including Word, PowerPoint and
- Demonstrable writing and marketing experience.
- Photography experience a plus.
- A reasonable understanding of print production processes.
- Experience in B2B digital design.
- Knowledge of the Industrial MRO, Electrical, HVACR or
Automotive Tools and Equipment distribution channels is a
- A basic understanding of pliers, cable cutters, wire strippers,
screwdrivers; what they do and how to use them is a plus.
- Demonstrate knowledge and/or experience in marketing collateral
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently,
managing and dividing time effectively among multiple assignments
while meeting established deadlines; ability to work within tight
schedules with changing and conflicting priorities in a fast-paced
- Personal characteristics include: highly organized, creative
spirit, self-starter with team focus, detail-oriented,
understanding and adherence to deadlines.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal skills necessary to
communicate clearly and effectively with project initiators.
- Ability and confidence to communicate at all levels with
internal and external clients in a professional manner by phone,
email and face to face contact.
- Good follow through on all projects.
- Flexible work attitude; ability to learn new things
- Positive attitude and trustworthy character.
- Creative, innovative and resourceful.
- Enjoys multitasking.
- Dynamic friendly personality.
- Desire to work in a global team of professionals.
- Available for limited travel as necessary.
- Improvement is GREAT. Change is GREAT. Wanting to be better is
- Innovate; take initiative and be curious. Learn from
- Continue to develop our skills; challenge ourselves and others
to achieve possibilities.Teamwork:
- First and foremost, we are a team. Our competition is outside
- We are all role models and lead by good example.
- Our cooperation and communication is characterized by kindness,
openness, honesty, and valuing each other's contributions.Loyalty:
- Demonstrate reliability, responsibility, and ownership - not
just through words, but through actions.
- Keep commitments; say what you will do, and do what you
- Trust each other and continue to earn that trust every
- Strive to achieve consistently superior quality, service,
performance, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Take pride in our product, our company, and our people.
- Embrace sustainable initiatives and give back to the
Keywords: KNIPEX Tools LP, Buffalo Grove , Graphic Designer, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!