Intern - Supplier Quality Engineer - Summer 2021
Company: Plexus Corp
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: October 14, 2020
YOUR JOURNEY TO BUILDING A BETTER WORLD STARTS HERE!
WHAT WE DO AT PLEXUS
WE RE EXCITED TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS DELIVER PRODUCTS TO THE WORLD
THAT HAVE A PROFOUND IMPACT ON PEOPLE S LIVES. FROM ULTRASOUND
UNITS AND 3D PRINTING TO NETWORK SECURITY APPLICATIONS AND
IN-FLIGHT WI-FI, WE HELP CREATE PRODUCTS THAT BUILD A BETTER WORLD.
NOW, MORE THAN EVER, WE ARE MAKING AN IMPACT ON THE WORLD AS WE
SUPPORT PRODUCTS USED IN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19.
WE RE A GLOBAL TEAM OF OVER 19,000 ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING AND
AFTERMARKET SERVICES EXPERTS THAT PARTNER WITH OUR CUSTOMERS TO
BRING THEIR PRODUCTS TO LIFE THROUGH INSPIRED INNOVATION AND
WORLD-CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE.
AT PLEXUS, YOU ARE MORE THAN JUST AN INTERN. YOU PLAY A CRITICAL
ROLE IN OUR SUCCESS AS WE CONTINUE TO GROW AS A GLOBAL
ORGANIZATION. WE EMBRACE YOUR INNOVATIVE IDEAS AND COLLABORATIVE
THINKING. AS OUR TEAMS CONTINUE TO WORK REMOTELY, OUR INTERVIEW
PROCESS IS NOW PERFORMED VIRTUALLY FOR YOUR SAFETY AND OUR OWN.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT
ENGAGING AND CHALLENGING PROJECTS THAT FULFILL AND DEVELOP YOU.
PEOPLE THAT SUPPORT AND INSPIRE YOU TO REALIZE YOUR FULL POTENTIAL.
A WORKPLACE CENTERED ON COLLABORATION AND INTEGRITY. AT PLEXUS, WE
RE AT OUR BEST WHEN OPPORTUNITIES ARE MET WITH PASSION, OPEN
COMMUNICATION AND TEAMWORK.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT
The Supplier Quality Engineer Intern will be acting as a liaison
between operations, suppliers, and the Supplier Quality Department,
to ensure that overall specifications, quality/regulatory
requirements, and expectations are met for purchased products.
* Responsible to ensure part qualification and evaluation
activities (both prototype and sustaining manufacturing) resulting
in acceptable and consistent supply. Includes external activities
(establishing part quality requirements) and internal activities
(sampling plans, inspection processes, etc.)
* Ability to execute supplier audit activities related to both
validation and on-going management of quality execution
* Monitoring supplier quality performance based on analysis of
Plexus and supplier performance data
* Lead problem part resolution through all phases of operations
* Responsible for leading supplier corrective action and continuous
* Support containment, segregation, NCM review, and trend analysis
processes activities relative to supplied parts
* Support overall site Quality Management System through metrics,
* Facilitate reporting and notifying suppliers of cost-recovery
requirements resulting from the need to contain, segregate or
handle non-conforming parts
* Support alternative supplier selection
* Mentor and support RI activities and process effectiveness
* Participates in customer-facing supplier quality activities
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the
* Student working towards a Bachelor s degree in Engineering or
related field for entire duration of internship.
* Junior level status
* GPA: 3.0 or higher is preferred
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational
* Strong communication skills
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing
a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. persons. U.S.
persons are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful
permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted
asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..
Keywords: Plexus Corp, Buffalo Grove , Intern - Supplier Quality Engineer - Summer 2021, Engineering , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!