Engineering - Technician PB Technician PB
Company: LanceSoft Inc
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: November 17, 2022
The Electrical Engineering Technician works closely with the
engineering team to lead efforts to modify, measure, test,
troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair electronics equipment and
systems for the electrical products developed by both Vapor Bus
International (VBI) and Ricon Corporation. This includes advanced
electronic controllers and electrically controlled systems supplied
to the bus industry including door operators, ramps, lifts, and
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret electrical & electronic schematics and harness
drawings to analyze, measure, troubleshoot, or rework a variety of
electrical and electronic systems.
- Apply a methodical approach to the root cause investigation of
electronic parts, sub-assemblies, and electronic systems.
- Identify issues with electrical designs and work with
engineering team to resolve deficiencies.
- Troubleshoot returned electronic controllers and electrical
systems from end customers and determine final disposition to
scrap, re-work, or reuse.
- Troubleshoot electronic PCB assemblies down to the individual
component / semi-conductor / trace level when required, using
typical or advanced tooling as well as techniques like signal
probing, node analysis, etc.
- Perform PCB board level rework when required, using typical
tools for PCB assembly repair.
- Perform harness level rework when required, e.g., crimping
wires, modifying wire lengths, replacing connectors or wire
- Setup and operate test equipment and test fixtures used for
prototype/type testing and/or production testing when
- Perform engineering tests according to a pre-defined test plan
and capture findings in a test report when required.
- Prepares electro-mechanical system test procedures for routine
or in process production testing.
- Collaborate with electrical and software engineers to develop
re-work instructions, test plans, electrical designs and
- Perform tasks based on drawings, diagrams, schematics, written
and verbal instruction.
- Identify test equipment, piece parts or consumables necessary
for troubleshooting, repair, and rework duties.
- Work independently and as a part of a larger team.
- Communicate findings to engineering, production, or the quality
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: LanceSoft Inc, Buffalo Grove , Engineering - Technician PB Technician PB, Engineering , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!