Company: WTS International
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: January 16, 2023
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and
contribute to our growth, we're looking to add a Metrology Engineer
located in Buffalo Grove, IL . Reporting to the Sr. Manager,
Quality Engineering, the Metrology Engineer role involves: What a
typical day looks like:
- Utilize knowledge of ISO/ASME GD&T to interpret engineering
layouts, drawings, and documentation of various levels of
components, assemblies, and subassemblies using CAD system (i.e.,
AutoCAD, Solidworks, Orcad).
- Develop and use measurement methods and equipment to determine
the dimension features of products conform to the design
- Program and use CMM, OGP, Vision systems, CT Scanner and form
- Troubleshoot OGP, CMM and CT Scanner programs and system
- Manage test method equipment qualification activities in
conjunction with Quality Engineering and Program management
- Develop measurement programs for use by quality inspectors and
- Aid in selection and management of fixture, program and
- Direct workers engaged in measuring and testing product and
tabulating data concerning materials, product or process quality
- Interact routinely with customers to develop and initiate
standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation
- Perform inspection and testing of molded components and
assemblies for conformance to design and configuration
- Utilize inspection measurement tools (i.e. micrometers,
calipers, drop indicators, thread gauges, plug gauges, comparators
- Optimize inspection methods to expedite inspections and manage
- Train colleagues / technicians/inspectors on vision system
(i.e. - OGP), Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM), and CT Scanner
operation for parts being ran on production floor
- Perform workmanship evaluations on plastic parts (flash,
damage, discoloration, contamination, etc.) using microscopes
- Compile and analyze measurement data and statistics to assess
measurement methods and process capability.
- Perform Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GRR) studies to
evaluate measurement methods
- Assure data availability and integrity for all quality related
data. Consolidate and report quality results.
- Identify and Report Non-conformances of product or
- Provide support for Corrective Action investigations. What
you'll receive for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers The experience we're
looking to add to our team:
- Typically requires a Bachelor degree or its equivalent in
education and experience.
- Experience in a plastics manufacturing or quality environment
preferred. Plus typically requires a minimum of 5-8 years of
experience in a plastics manufacturing or quality environment.
- Demonstrates technical skills. Read and interpret technical
drawings and specifications including ISO/ASME GD&T.
- Expertise in programming Measuremind Calypso, and/or PC-DMIS,
InSpec, etc. A minimum of 3-5 years of experience programming
Measuremind Calypso, and/or PC-DMIS, InSpec, etc.
- Ability to run OGP 500 (Probe/vision system) and/or running
Zeiss (CMM machine, O Inspect, Metrotom). At least 3-5 years'
experience running OGP 500 (Probe/vision system) and/or running
Zeiss (CMM machine, O Inspect, Metrotom
Keywords: WTS International, Buffalo Grove , Metrology Engineer, Engineering , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!