Patient Access and Reimbursement Manager
Company: Tolmar Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Purpose and ScopeThe Patient Access and Reimbursement Manager
(PARM) is a critical front-line member of the Tolmar Access and
Reimbursement team who represents Tolmar's interest with Eligard
and Fensolvi with HCP accounts, as well as all internal Tolmar
stakeholders and field sales personnel. The PARM will be an expert
and provides education, training and hands-on assistance related to
access of Tolmar products.Essential Duties & Key
AccountabilitiesProvider Account Support
- Critical point person for all reimbursement and acquisition
logistical aspects of a high touch Central Precocious Puberty
medication for a rare disease with controlled acquisition options
within a changing payer landscape.
- Assists HCP offices with questions related to Buy/Bill
management. Educate/Assist with Specialty Pharmacy (SP)
understanding, expectations and logistics. Continually educate
office staff on appropriate steps, educate on the importance of
chart documentation, keep offices up to date on payer policies for
Tolmar products and triage issues to the appropriate HUB and
SP.Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing patient assistance and reimbursement support services
offered to providers and related to patient access to buy/bill and
- Coordinating with Tolmar's patient support services program
- Educating office staff on the use of Buy/Bill and SP products,
patient assistance and reimbursement support services.
- Participating in sales training related to product
- Utilizing data to think critically through acquisition
challenges from a variety of outlets including SP, Specialty
Distributors and Mainline Distributors.
- Assist new offices to inform them about reimbursement issues as
well as providing education on various MRL approved resources
pertaining to reimbursement, acquisition and coding.
- Ensures all actions taken create a positive impact on the
patient journey and the brand experience in a compliant
manor.Specialty Pharmacy Support
- Work closely with the external and internal customers to
trouble shoot SP related issues. PARM work closely with their
Director of Access to manage customer related issues directly with
- PARM should have an expert level of knowledge pertaining to SP
logistics and operations.
- PARM must be able to analyze data and know how to make that
data into actionable steps to facilitate patient access to Eligard
- Work closely with SP's to understand logistical issues that
arise and provide MRL approved resources and programs to facilitate
patient access as well as communicate with SP's to find resolutions
to issues that arise at the SP.
- Identify gaps in account knowledge of the SP process and
provide education/resources to fill those gaps and improve the
account and physician experience.
- Consistent, reliable, timely and high-quality support of the
field, as well as all other internal commercial functions.
- Strong leadership role to the field teams by establishing a
solutions oriented approach, working with your Account Managers
(AMRs) and Directors of Corporate Accounts (DCAs) to build and
execute local plans to overcome barriers to Eligard and Fensolvi
- Specific examples include:
- Identify in conjunction with the field, specific targeted
accounts where the PARM will assist with product acquisition or SP
- Collaborate with AMRs, RSDs, and DCAs to build local business
plans; participate in district business reviews as the expert
resource on the reimbursement landscape from regional, district,
state and local perspective.
- Provide the leadership team with actionable feedback (across
the organization) on support programs such as the bridge program,
copay card, SPP performance, to guide changes to improve
- Provide internal customers updates on changes in managed market
dynamics specific to SP's/SD's/MDs as well as local payer
issues-needs. Track customer trends in order to help inform
internal business decisions, e.g. Health care policy changes.
- Proactively collaborate with business analytics to understand
common logistical issues in top accounts and proactively develop
plans for education and to find solutions for better patient access
to Eligard and Fensolvi. Ensure alignment with Vice President of
Sales and Regional Directors.
- Provide support to AMRs, RSDs, DCAs and Internal Stakeholders
on rules of engagement to educate and further clarify what is
- Works with the field to identify potential payer advocates and
supports the Access team on issues relating to medical policy
development and execution at the HCP level.
- Ensure all Tolmar approved promotional speakers have an
in-depth understanding of billing/coding, logistics and payer
coverage.Knowledge & Qualifications
- BS or equivalent is required, MBA or advanced degree
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in the Biopharma industry
- Previous experience working with vendor relationships
- Previous experience managing customer interactions.
- Previous sales management and/or account management experience
highly desirable.Working Conditions
- Office environment; requiring sitting and standing.
- Travel as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Tolmar Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Buffalo Grove , Patient Access and Reimbursement Manager, Executive , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!