Business Relationship Manager, Commercial and Legal Systems
Company: Horizon Therapeutics
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Working at Horizon is more than a job - it's personal. For us,
success is measured by the numbers that matter most - the number of
lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly
to help save. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who
are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something
bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose
values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help
others live up to theirs.
The Business Relationship Manager (BRM), Commercial and Legal
Systems serves as a point of contact for various business
applications within Commercial and Legal business functions. They
understand business processes and manage relationships with key
customers. They identify business problems, analyze solutions and
document business requirements. The BRM, Commercial and Legal
Systems participates in and leads components of system delivery.
They also identify and investigate business needs and
opportunities, promoting business process improvements.
- Responsible for project management, planning, and business
analysis for Horizon Therapeutics' Commercial Systems group. This
role will be focused on IT initiatives in support of the Commercial
teams (Marketing, Field Sales, Commercial Training, Field &
Marketing Operations, Compliance, and Legal), including the
implementation and ongoing support/management of the portfolio of
- Performs requirements gathering and analysis to include:
analytical techniques, interview techniques, data gathering
techniques, current system documentation, business modeling
methods, business process, rules and logic, data gathering to solve
complex issues, development of implementation plans, and key
- Responsible for complete application lifecycle management
within area of responsibility. This includes requirements
definition, change control, documentation control, design
modifications, testing, development, and day-to-day operational
- Effectively manages project efforts, to include: project plan,
scope/budget/resource management, time management (activities &
task planning), communications, risk management, QA and testing,
user training, ongoing maintenance and support.
- Leverages deep understanding of supported business area in
order to develop roadmap for IT solutions.
- Keeps up to date on latest developments within the application
software suite in order to understand how the applications can be
further leveraged to meet business needs.
- Effectively develops and maintains relationships with supported
- Develop and implement test plans/scenarios to ensure successful
delivery of a project.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as
necessary during project delivery.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day
discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design
specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be
clear and concise in all communications.
- Works under general direction within a clear framework of
accountability. Exercises substantial personal responsibility and
autonomy. Plans own work to meet given objectives and
- Be able to travel, when necessary, to perform additional
job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or
related field or relevant combination of education and experience
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in IT project
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with Commercial business
functions: Field Sales, Digital Marketing, Commercial Training,
Field & Marketing Operations, Analytics, Trade, and Legal
- Demonstrated success developing and presenting solutions to
complex business situations
- Highly proficient analytical and software skills aimed at data
analysis and operational efficiency
- Experience managing Customer relationships at various
- Experience managing vendors, building relationships and
leveraging outsourced service providers with healthcare or life
sciences industry experience.
- Experience with formal SDLC methodology desired, as well as
with system validation processes
- Experience with PII data preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability
to clearly and effectively communicate complex information.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated, as a
condition of employment, with Pfizer that has been fully approved
by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) or one of the vaccines
currently granted emergency use authorization by the FDA such as
Moderna or Johnson & Johnson. Fully vaccinated is defined as two
weeks after your final dose of the Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson &
Johnson vaccine. We will provide medical and religious
accommodations as required by law.
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified
applications are given equal opportunity and that selection
decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who,
because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in
completing this application or at any time during the application
process, should contact the Human Resources Department. Associated
topics: attorney, attorney corporate, company, compliance,
compliance department, courtroom, internal, legal department, llp,
Keywords: Horizon Therapeutics, Buffalo Grove , Business Relationship Manager, Commercial and Legal Systems, Executive , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!