Director, Environmental Health and Safety
Company: PPC Flexible Packaging
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Headquartered in Buffalo Grove, Illinois. PPC Flexible Packaging
--- has steadily grown and evolved, both organically and through
acquisition, into a premier high-quality flexible packaging
manufacturer. We are a dynamic team of design and packaging
professionals dedicated to providing creative packaging solutions.
Our capabilities and speed to market have always been our greatest
strength-establishing us a trusted leader within our consumer and
cleanroom markets. At PPC, our #1 Key Principle is the Safety and
Development of our People.
In this role you will...
The Environmental Health and Safety Director leads the
corporation's North American effort in achieving a continually
improving and sustainable safety culture through the effective
design and implementation of company safety management system,
processes and initiatives. S/he will develop next level programs to
deliver world class performance, while working collaboratively with
manufacturing leadership at sites. Current role scope will
encompass 9 separate manufacturing facilities.
The EHS director also leads the environmental stewardship
activities of the organization. These activities include
sustainability initiatives, certifications, emergency preparedness,
permit activities, reporting, etc.
This role will directly report to the Chief Operations Officer and
will chair the corporate safety center of excellence team which
includes the COO, regional leaders, and members of the senior
operations leadership team.
This role will be based in Buffalo Grove, Illinois with frequent
travel to Pewaukee, WI and Hartford, WI facilities.
- Develops annual EHS operating strategy & link to business
- Develop and implement world class corporate safety management
- Oversee governance of corporate EHS management system
- Manage the development and maintenance of EHS systems,
processes, and records; Proactively review and analyze loss and
risk data across the enterprise and recommend/define EHS
programming enhancements to address common opportunities and key
areas for improvement within the organization.
- Manages Environmental Health and Safety responsibilities,
policies and regulations and ensures OSHA compliance
- Mentor, coach, and train EHS site coordinators
- Develops appropriate benchmarks and uses these metrics to drive
a continuous improvement EH&S culture
- Leads safety hazards analysis for new business acquisitions and
at sites gaining new assets.
- Monitors legislative activity and regulatory requirements
communicating potential impacts on the business
- Assumes responsibility for environmental monitoring that
includes Air Quality, Wastewater, Air Quality, and Pollution
- Continuously seeks to improve business and industry
- Maintains documentation and provides reporting measures for
- Demonstrates ability to set and meet personal and team monthly,
quarterly, and annual goals and deadlines
- Contributes to organization success by meeting team and company
- Assists operations in the implementation of continuous
improvement ideas Qualifications/Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Engineering, Science, or related
field required; Master's degree in Environmental Health and Safety
(EHS) or related field preferred.
- Certification in safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental
- 7+ years of experience related to EHS with at least 5 years in
a in a management role, required.
- Available to travel up to 50% of the time within U.S. with
large focus on plants located in Illinois and Wisconsin.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of Environmental Health and Safety
- Thorough understanding of the management of chemical and
- Thorough understanding of OSHA regulations and
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to
- Excellent managerial and interpersonal skills. PPC is proud to
be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action
employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Keywords: PPC Flexible Packaging, Buffalo Grove , Director, Environmental Health and Safety, Executive , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!