Physician NCH Medical Group - Family Medicine/Internal Medicine 1450
Company: Northwest Community Hospital
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: February 18, 2021
Job Description - Physician NCH Medical Group - Family
Medicine/Internal Medicine 1450 (191717) Job Description Physician
NCH Medical Group - Family Medicine/Internal Medicine 1450 - (
191717 ) Description Reporting to Vice President Physician
Operations or designee, provides comprehensive physician services
to assess, diagnose, plan and treat a wide range of patients with
health issues/illness or injury within NCH facilities or NCH
Medical Group locations. Collaborates with inter-disciplinary
healthcare team to provide comprehensive clinical coordination of
patient care resulting in integrated health care that is timely,
high quality, customer focused and utilizes resources effectively
to optimize patient outcomes.
1. Provides evidence based direct patient care to include
comprehensive clinical assessment, diagnosing, planning and
treatment of a range of health issues/illness or injuries for
patients. Identifies expected outcomes from assessment data and
diagnosis and develops a comprehensive individualized plan of care
that includes interventions, treatments and follow up
recommendations. Communicates patient data to interdisciplinary
team as appropriate. Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic
therapies as appropriate.
2. Consults with and provides collaborative/supervision to inter
disciplinary team in assessing, defining and administering patient
care interventions and treatment. Provides direction and education
to the interdisciplinary support staff as indicated.
3. Facilitates decisions and actions on behalf of patients in an
ethical manner by maintaining patient confidentiality, acting as a
patient advocate and assisting patients so they can advocate for
themselves. Communicates plan of care to patient and family
regularly. Assists patient and family in becoming informed
consumers about risk and benefits of treatment and care as well as
health promotion and preventative care. Provides follow-up
recommendations as appropriate.
4. Follows established documentation practices to ensure that the
medical record accurately reflects the intensity of service,
severity of illness, and contains all required diagnostic and
treatment information for the episode of illness or injury.
5. Collaborate and consults with other physicians as needed on
patient care evaluation and management.
6. Collaborates with NCH Medical Group administrative leadership in
areas of resource utilization, practice efficiency and quality
protocols and practice goals.
7. Collaboratively aligns with NCH Medical Staff in accordance with
8. Adheres to all Northwest Community Hospital standards, policies,
Qualifications 1. Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic
Medicine with current license to practice medicine in the state of
2. Board certification or Board eligible in specialty area.
3. Active DEA and Illinois Controlled Substance--License
4. Current CPR certification or specialty specific advanced life
support (ACLS, ATLS, PALS) certification obtained through American
5. The interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with
patients, families, medical personnel, and other members of the
health care team in a compassionate and customer oriented
6. Current knowledge of evidence-based standards of medical care
for specialty area.
7. The ability to perform effectively and efficiently under the
pressure of stressful emergency situations.
8. Ability to prioritize patient care to support efficient patient
flow in in NCH facilities or NCH Medical Group offices.
9. Ability to work a flexible schedule and to assist in covering
vacancies when necessary.
NCH at a glance
Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) is known for compassionate
care and its convenient location. But it's our advanced
technologies, clinical expertise and state-of-the-art facilities
that offer the latest treatments and assure the care, comfort and
safety of our patients and the community. NCH offers:
- A 489-bed hospital, including 200 private rooms in the South
- Four Immediate Care Centers, located in Buffalo Grove, Lake
Zurich, Mount Prospect and Schaumburg
- Seven accessible outpatient imaging locations that provide
advanced imaging technology
- The Day Surgery Center, a same-day outpatient surgery
Annually, NCH treats an average of 24,000 inpatients and conducts:
- 337,000 outpatient visits
- 43,000 home care visits
- 3,100 newborn deliveries
- Approximately 18,000 inpatient and outpatient surgical cases,
ranging from open heart surgery and joint replacement to
neurosurgery and minimally invasive procedures
NCH provides our patients and community with safe, high quality
care - and it shows. Here are a few of the many awards and
designations we've recently achieved:
- Magnet--; Recognition for Nursing Excellence (The American
Nurses Credentialing Center awards Magnet status to hospitals that
exhibit exemplary patient outcomes and satisfaction, have
impressive nurse-to-patient ratios, and attract and retain the best
- Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
- 2016 American Heart Association and the American Stroke
Association "Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality
- 4,000 employees including nurses, allied health professionals,
administrative and support personnel
- More than 1,000 physicians with offices throughout the
- NCH Medical Group, an employed physician group focusing on
primary and specialty care
- Approximately 800 volunteers providing more than 100,000 hours
of service annually
Keywords: Northwest Community Hospital, Buffalo Grove , Physician NCH Medical Group - Family Medicine/Internal Medicine 1450, Healthcare , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!