2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Your journey to building a better world starts here!WHO WE AREWe
help our customers deliver products that have a profound impact on
people's lives. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to network
security applications and in flight Wi-Fi, we help create products
that build a better world. Now, more than ever, we are making an
impact as we support products used in the fight against
COVID-19.We're a global team of over 19,000 Engineering,
Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Aftermarket Service experts that
partner with our customers to bring their products to life through
inspired innovation and world-class customer service. As an
employee of Plexus, we are committed to keeping you safe with newly
implemented precautions such as virtual interviews, staggered start
times across all shifts, enhanced cleaning processes, temperature
screenings as you enter our facilities and requiring all employees
to wear masks.We are currently hiring for full-time, immediate,
career opportunities. Whether you're looking to start, make a
change, or advance your career, find your path at Plexus and leave
your mark on the world.WHY YOU WILL LOVE ITEngaging and challenging
projects that fulfill and develop you. People that support and
inspire you to realize your full potential. A workplace centered on
collaboration and integrity. At Plexus, we're at our best when
opportunities are met with passion, open communication and
teamwork.HOW YOU WILL DO ITOur Buffalo Grove, IL Manufacturing site
is looking for a 2nd shift Production Supervisor to support
manufacturing of finished medical devices. The Production
Supervisor will be responsible to direct the team activities with
an emphasis on product quality, on time delivery, and production
efficiency. Must have ability to independently solve problems,
escalate issues when necessary, build strong relationships with
team. The Production Supervisor is responsible to support the key
business metrics, general housekeeping, and workplace
safety.Schedule: 2:15PM - 10:30PM; Monday - FridayKey Job
- Set the direction relative to manufacturing goals in order to
meet production needs and expectations.
- Identify and communicate information to other production lines
relative to product quality and defect prevention, product
disposition, and rework and/or repair activity.
- Identify resource needs, as well as ensure that the production
schedule is met; with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Lead the team on 2nd shift and ensure proper carryover of
production activities and requirements. Direct Leads and associates
to ensure that day-to-day production needs are met.
- Required to focus on development of team, motivate and build
relationships with the team. Will evaluate members for potential,
driving succession planning and ensuring that their employees
receive the development and coaching required to realize their full
- Communicate and assist in the resolution of part shortages or
the expedition of product.
- Evaluate, monitor, and react to personnel allocation in the
production cell including the use of overtime in conjunction with
- Monitor and prioritize aging material orders.
- Work with the Production Planners and Manager to load all
processes and shifts.
- Supervise the production group leads.
- Responsible for understanding and providing input to capacity
planning as customer's production demands fluctuates.
- Determine and communicate the direction relative to
housekeeping and safety practices.
- Support of the Business Unit's goals and metrics.
- Performs annual performance reviews, assure adequate staffing,
and provide appropriate resources/training to support expected job
- Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the
business (estimated 10%).
- Additional duties as assigned.Education/Experience
- Must have strong people leadership skills & prior experience
leading large groups of people.
- A minimum of an Associate's degree is required; a Bachelor's
degree is preferred.
- Must have two (2) years of related experience.
- Supervisory experience of two (2) years is required.
- Additionally, the employee must successfully complete all
internal courses offered by the company necessary to do the job.An
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be
- Employee must be self-motivated with the ability to work
independently and in a team environment.
- Employee must possess good written and oral communication,
organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Employee must work safely at all times and maintain the
confidentiality of all customer and company information.
- Must have computer experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft
Excel, and the ability to learn Plexus Data Collection and MRP/ERP
systems.Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully
passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
agreement.Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes.
Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color,
religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply
today!Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and
diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically
undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other
nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access
to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International
Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration
Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be
"U.S. persons." "U.S. persons" are generally defined as U.S.
citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card
holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as
Keywords: Plexus, Buffalo Grove , 2nd Shift Production Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!