Multi-Unit Team Leader
Company: AARP Group
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: November 22, 2021
What you'll do...
Joining us as a Multi-Unit Team Leader, you'll provide leadership
over three H&R Block tax offices. Using your people management
experience and passion for helping people, you'll provide
leadership to the customer-centric teams in the offices you manage
to accelerate their seasonal tax business.
You'll serve as the front-line manager responsible for leadership
and development of associates, delivering an outstanding client
experience, and achieving all office related growth objectives for
three tax offices. Prior tax preparation experience is not
You'll begin working a flexible part-time schedule in the fall as
you ramp up for the busy tax season, then transition to a full-time
schedule from January through April. After working a successful tax
season, you may find that you want to apply to return for
subsequent seasons, or even apply for advancement
Day to day...
- Manage office staffing, operations, and logistics for three
offices with support from two Associate Team Leaders
- Partner with the District General Manager (DGM) to create and
implement office-level growth plans and client growth targets,
which includes developing local partnerships and managing office
- Assist the DGM in recruiting and interviewing candidates for
tax office associate positions
- Build an engaging team environment, across all offices, by
training and coaching associates while holding them accountable to
execute on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and recognizing
outstanding associate contributions
- Conduct timely performance reviews and partner with Associate
Relations Center to resolve associate issues and address
- Lead daily team meetings and communicate essential information
to tax office associates
- Create associate work schedules across all offices and ensure
accurate timekeeping, as well as labor management, for staff in all
- Travel between the three offices as required
- May prepare tax returns, as needed
It would be even better if you also had...
- Multi-unit people management experience in the retail,
restaurant, banking, or other related industry; management of
people within military service positions can also be a good fit
Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
What you'll bring to the team...
- People management experience, with the demonstrated ability to
grow and develop associates
- Demonstrated aptitude for growth plan execution and ability to
lead towards growth culture
- Strong decision-making and judgment skills and the ability to
function well in a fast-paced environment with minimal
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a
customer-centric mindset that seeks to understand and exceed client
- Computer proficient with the ability to use MS Office
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or high school diploma
with the equivalent combination of experience
- Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge
Assessment or Income Tax Course (if preparing tax returns)
About H&R Block...
We are here to live our purpose to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company - one that defined an
industry and is now leading its transformation. About H&R Block
H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been
true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded
our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately
12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who
join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something
bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a
strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined,
forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our
leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.
Our seasonal and flexible shifts, office locations, and commitment
to our people and communities are just a few reasons why AARP
members find a great fit with H&R Block. We encourage AARP
members to explore our seasonal positions and apply online. AARP is
a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that empowers people to
choose how they live as they age.
Keywords: AARP Group, Buffalo Grove , Multi-Unit Team Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!