Focus Factory Supervisor (Medical Device, Electronics Mfg. - 2nd Shift)
Company: Plexus Corp.
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Our people create our best Plexus.
WHO WE ARE
We're a global team of over 19,000 engineering, manufacturing,
supply chain and aftermarket service experts who partner with
customers to bring their products to life through inspired
innovation and world-class customer service.
We are passionate about innovating, creating and delivering
products that change people's lives. From surgical devices and
health monitors to warehouse robotics and space products, we
partner with our customers to help create the products that build a
Whether you're looking to start, make a change or advance your
career, find your path at Plexus Corp. and leave your mark on the
WHY WE LOVE IT
Engaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you.
People that inspire and empower you to realize your full potential.
Leadership and development programs to support your career goals. A
workplace centered on inclusion and collaboration. At Plexus, we're
at our best when opportunities are met with passion, open
communication and teamwork.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT
Purpose Statement: The Focus Factory Supervisor is responsible for
directing the activities of the Group Leaders with an emphasis on
product quality, on time delivery, and factory production
efficiency. Additionally, the Focus Factory Supervisor is
responsible to support the key business metrics, general
housekeeping, and workplace safety.
Key Job Accountabilities:
* Ensure a work environment exists for employees that provide
effective communication between all shift team members in order to
effectively communicate concerns regarding production.
* Set the direction relative to manufacturing goals in order to
meet production needs and expectations.
* Identify and communicate information to correct Factory
discipline relative to product quality and defect prevention,
product disposition, and rework and/or repair activity.
* Identify resource needs, as well as ensure that the production
schedule is met.
* Serve as the Team Leader for all shifts ensuring proper carryover
of production activities and requirements. Direct the FF Group
Leads and associates to ensure that day-to-day production needs are
* Accountable to execute on Plexus' Best People strategy, leaders
will focus on evaluating potential, driving succession planning and
ensuring that their employees receive the development and coaching
required to realize their full potential.
* Communicate and assist in the resolution of part shortages or the
expedition of product.
* Evaluate, monitor, and react to personnel allocation in the
Factory including the use of overtime in conjunction with
* Monitor and prioritize aging material orders.
* Work with the FF Planners and Manager to load all processes and
* Supervise the FF Group Leads.
* Responsible for understanding and providing input to capacity
planning as customer's production demands fluctuates.
* Determine and communicate the direction relative to housekeeping
and safety practices.
* Support of the Business Unit's goals and metrics.
* Performs annual performance reviews, assure adequate staffing,
and provide appropriate resources/training to support expected job
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business
* Additional duties as assigned.
* A minimum of an Associate's degree is required; a Bachelor's
degree is preferred.
* Two (2) years of related experience is required; Two (2) or more
years of related experience is preferred.
* Supervisory experience of two (2) years is required.
* Additionally, the employee must successfully complete all
internal courses offered by the company necessary to do the
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be
* Employee must be self-motivated with the ability to work
independently and in a team environment.
* Employee must possess good written and oral communication,
organizational and troubleshooting skills.
* Employee must work safely at all times and maintain the
confidentiality of all customer and company information.
* Cell phone.
* Must have computer experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft
Excel, and the ability to learn Plexus Data Collection and MRP/ERP
* General office equipment and materials.
* The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment
with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is
not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent
could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing
a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. persons." "U.S.
persons" are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful
permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted
asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
Keywords: Plexus Corp., Buffalo Grove , Focus Factory Supervisor (Medical Device, Electronics Mfg. - 2nd Shift), Hospitality & Tourism , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!