IT Service Delivery - Platform Manager, North America
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Job Title: Service Delivery - Platform Manager BG/BU: Corporate
/ Group IT Location: North America Job Family: Information
Technology (IT) Reports to (Title):Senior Manager - Service
Delivery 1. Job Overview
- As an integral member of the Service Management team, the
Service Delivery Platform Manager will manage the daily operation
and the continuous development of the core ServiceNow platform and
the applications hosted thereon such as IT Service Management, IT
Asset Management, Configuration Management, Demand Management,
Resource Management, Project Management, HR and custom workflow
applications. To achieve that objective, the role will also manage
the processes, resources and governance that support the operation
of the platform.
- Directly manage the team of platform administrators and
developers that support the ServiceNow platform. This role will
work with the management and leadership teams to document
requirements, and develop technical solutions that satisfy the
business needs of the local department and others seeking to use
Amcor's ITSM platforms.
- Functionally manages third party resources and oversees third
2. Job Dimensions
- Multi-national manufacturing business culture - strong customer
focus, delivery of tangible products and benefits, cost
- This role is a part of Amcor's Global IT Service Management
- Responsible for ensuring that solutions are implemented within
the organization in such a way as to meet or exceed our customers'
3. Principal Accountabilities
- Understanding complex technical challenges, defining pragmatic
solutions and communicate key messages to customers and other
- Understanding business context and translating requirements
into a sustainable solution.
- Resposible for the development and maintenance of application
and service roadmaps.
- Leading the platform design including integrations between
Amcor's ITSM platforms and other enterprise solutions.
- Manages the daily operation and development of the core
ServiceNow platform and the workflow applications hosted on that
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and executing the
governance framework that supports the daily operation and
development of the ServiceNow platform, comprising role
definitions, demand management, release management, access
controls, KPI definition and maintenance, etc.
- Participates in projects associated with ServiceNow
applications, liaising with appropriate IT departments as well as
- Leads regular stakeholder meetings to discuss demand
prioritization and the distribution of development
- Continually uses selected KPIs and reports to review the
efficiency and effectiveness of the daily operation of the
- Supports corporate programs, goals and initiatives
4. Major challenges & complexities
- The ability to prioritise workload to meet customer
- Must be flexible and willing to take the extra step to ensure
customer satisfaction and quality of service (QoS)
- Must be willing to adjust start & finish times to accommodate
multi region meetings.
5. Relationships Internal
- All Global IT Teams
- Business Group IT Teams
- IT Directors & Senior Managers
- External Consultants
- Mulitple Integration Vendors
- 3+ years of IT management experience, ideally in a similar
- Experience with and applying ITIL methodology in daily
- End user & managerial experience within ServiceNow is
- Lean Six Sigma certification is an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in Information System or Computer Technology
- Proficient using MS Office products.
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals within a
- Drives execution, demonstrates professional competence, works
with minimal supervision and is self-motivated and
- Fluent in English (company working language).
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing.
- A positive and pro-active attitude.
- Acts with integrity and honesty, displays high ethical conduct
and holds themselves accountable.
- Exhibits flexibility in response to changing demands, works
additional hours as needed and is prepared to travel as
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been
designed to include the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Keywords: Amcor, Buffalo Grove , IT Service Delivery - Platform Manager, North America, IT / Software / Systems , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!