Senior Web Architect
Company: CVS Health
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Position Summary :CVS Health's mandate is to transform health
andwellness via products that enable consumer engagement and
best-in-classexperience. This team is responsible for CVS Health's
digital transformationand all digital products; as well as the
development and execution of thedigital roadmap. A key part of the
responsibility is to build an integratedplatform that enables the
delivery of products to drive engagement andrevolutionize health
and wellness. We want you to be a part of the team thatwill build
this next-generation platform.Leveraging your expertise in key
technologies &initiatives, you will join an architecture team
that is building a cloud platformthat will transform the healthcare
industry and improve the lives of hundredsof millions of people.
CVS Health Digital is a highly energetic, highlycollaborative team
that operates as a startup within the CVS Health Enterprise.We want
you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change that
isdesperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Is this you?
- Proven Architect with the demonstrated ability to create
technical solutions in large organizations with complex business
requirements and constraints.
- Strong ability to work with multiple stakeholders, including
business, product, and UX team members to influence the application
data-flow design and extensible product platform architecture.
- Takes a disciplined approach to software development and
problem solving; excels at breaking down large problems into
multi-step plans in an Agile development environment.
- Collaborates with multiple Agile value stream execution teams
in driving large solutions across multiple planning/execution
- Experienced with various types of software architectures
including Micro Frontend/Microservice architecture.
- Possesses broad technology knowledge (cloud, enterprise
applications, microservices, data analytics, networking, data
storage systems, APIs, large-scale systems).
- Good understanding of ADA and other regulatory compliances
including PCI, PII and PHI.
- Excels at building relationships across silos.
- Top-notch communication and evangelism skills.
- Passionate about technology with a very high technical
- Serve as technical architecture expert for a single value
stream (e.g. Agile Train), helping to ensure successful product
- Manage the evolution of architectural roadmaps for your domain,
showing how new features are released or updated, with an eye on
paying down technical debt with minimal disruption.
- Supports alignment across Trains Leadership regarding the
technical Principles that will guide our technology decisions and
documenting them for all teams to easily access.
- Understand the product requirement and product vision, evaluate
the high level technical feasibility, blocker or risks, lead the
- Work on the overall solution engaging with other architecture
colleagues on UI, API and service level with logic workflow,
integration strategy and technical blueprint.
- Communicate and present solution to business partners and
leadership, communicate and align engineering team on solution
- Lead Proof-Of-Concepts and Spike Solutions, and provide
"Reference Architectures" and "Baseline Implementations" when
- Evaluation of new technologies, vendors and hands on POCs on
new or emerging technologies.
- Provide guidance to developers and other stakeholders on
architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards.
Evangelize, mentor, and coach all on the same.
- Provide guidance, direction and mentorship to Architects.
- Provide guidance to developers and other stakeholders regarding
the design of server applications, encompassing APIs and
micro-services, containers, databases, cloud infrastructures, and
- Ensure all Non-Functional Requirements (e.g. performance,
availability and fail-over, scalability, security, etc.) are
properly articulated, and work with all parties to guarantee that
the software products that are delivered meet these
- Participates in high-level estimation.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers and seek the opportunity to
bring in continuous improvements to implement.
- 10+ years of hands-on consumer facing enterprise level
application development experience (4+ Years in architecture).
- 6+ years of experience developing or architecting Web
Application framework with NodeJS, React JS or AngularJS (knowledge
of React JS required)
- 6+ years of experience on Web technologies such as CSS, HTML5,
TypeScript, CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS etc.), and Object
- 4+ years of experience with concept of service API, caching,
web component, content management, BFF, web security, SSR/CSR,
micro services, identity management.
- Experience with responsive, adaptive UI design and
- Experience with UI sharing: Web Components, Micro-frontends,
Control/Pattern libraries and tools.
- Experience with the UX success factors accessibility,
usability, and aesthetics.
- Expert understanding of architectural methodologies and best
- Experience and proficiency with modern languages, frameworks,
- Experience with the design and development of complex
systems/user interfaces; employs a disciplined and rigorous
- Experience with requirements analysis, estimation, systems and
application design, and testing.
- Recognized ability to explain highly complex technical
architectures, designs and issues clearly and understandably to all
- Familiarity with popular Design Patterns catalogues.
Demonstrated grasp of architecture issues and applies that thinking
to designs and implementation.
- Experience with distributed computing architectures, including
race conditions, parallelism, and concurrency control.
- Experience with Jenkins, CI/CD Pipeline, GIT and other DevOps
- Experience driving a build vs buy evaluation to
- Excellent collaboration, influencing, evangelization,
negotiation, coaching, mentoring, and coalition-building skills.
Ability to work with persons in all job functions (e.g. Product,
UX, Developers, QA, DevOps).
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with minimal
- Experience with ES6/ES7/ES8, UI Middleware.
- Experience with state management: Flux, Redux, NGRX, and
- Experience with packaging, bundling technologies, and library
- Experience with SAFE practices or able to work in SAFE
practices and agile methodologies.
- Experience related to security oriented projects.
- Experience with modern API patterns and how to build
- Open-minded to new ideas & approaches, and ability to implement
the ideas using various technologies.
- A self-starter that is naturally inquisitive.
Education:Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in
ComputerScience, Information Systems, Engineering or related field
Business Overview:At CVS Health, we are joined in a common
purpose:helping people on their path to better health. We are
working to transformhealth care through innovations that make
quality care more accessible, easierto use, less expensive and
patient-focused. Working together and organizingaround the
individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health
thatputs people at the heart. We strive to promote and sustain a
culture ofdiversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health
is an equalopportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not
discriminate inrecruiting, hiring or promotion based on race,
ethnicity, sex/gender, sexualorientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability or protectedveteran status or on any
other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicablefederal,
state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people
withmilitary experience (active, veterans, reservists and National
Guard) as wellas military spouses to apply for CVS Health job
Keywords: CVS Health, Buffalo Grove , Senior Web Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!