Company: Danaher Group
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Leica Microsystems Location Buffalo Grove, Illinois, United
States of America Category Legal Job Id R1134270 The Senior Counsel
will act as a primary legal resource for the North American
business of Leica Biosystems, based at our U.S. headquarters in
Buffalo Grove, IL. Working directly with senior business executives
and colleagues in the legal department, the successful candidate
will provide the highest level of legal support. From a commercial
perspective, the candidate will focus on North American operations
but will also have responsibility for select international legal
advice and counsel while working with Danaher's regional local
counsels under the direction of the Chief Counsel. LBS is a member
of Danaher's Diagnostics Platform and this position will also be
interacting with and supporting legal and business colleagues
across the Platform on various collective projects from time to
time. The Senior Counsel will develop a good understanding of the
company's business and possess the ability to evaluate and balance
both legal and business factors when providing advice. A successful
candidate should have a broad knowledge base in areas appropriate
for an experienced in-house counsel at a medical device company.
The position requires both domestic and international travel,
primarily to LBS locations in the United States and abroad. The
successful candidate will have experience working on a global team
and understands the importance of operating with a global mindset
modeling global and cultural sensitivity. Major
- Gaining a solid understanding of LBS' businesses, their goals
and challenges and identifying appropriate legal and compliance
strategies to facilitate those goals and minimize those
- Participating in local business management team meetings and
functioning as a strategic business partner who provides trusted
counsel on legal issues considering both global and local
- Educating business leadership on the appropriate use and
"leverage" of in-house counsel.
- Preparing strategy for, negotiating, reviewing and drafting
transactional documents, contracts and other legal agreements such
as complex distributor and re-seller, GPO, sales, SaaS, RFP, public
tenders, supply, licensing, real estate, joint development and
- Providing legal advice for the corporate communications of the
sales and marketing teams including review of press releases,
internal communications and promotional content for medical devices
and other medical products.
- Developing appropriate approaches to dispute resolution,
lawsuits, and arbitrations; providing regular, clear communication
of litigation issues and opportunities to the affected business and
- Working closely with the Regulatory Affairs/Quality Assurance
departments on medical device registrations, customer complaints
and MDR reporting, market withdrawal/recall analysis and labeling
- Assisting with mergers & acquisitions from due diligence to
documentation depending on the situation and background.
- Creating, updating and/or implementing local agreement
templates and compliance policies and procedures taking into
account local legal requirements and Danaher global policies.
- Managing employment matters, providing counsel to the HR
department on policies and procedures, handling employee relations,
investigations and litigation.
- Conducting compliance-related investigations and implementing
action plans to remediate identified issues.--
- Advising on day-to-day general compliance questions and
questions under local civil, commercial, corporate, conflicts of
interest, data protection and privacy laws.
- Building collaborative relationships within the LBS legal team
and Danaher's legal community.
- Identifying and executing on opportunities for continuous
improvement, efficiency and savings in providing legal
- Partner with the appropriate business areas to deliver training
at company events that focuses on relevant areas of law for the
applicable employee audience and addresses specific needs within
- Willing to work on the smallest and simplest, as well as the
most complex, legal matters faced by the company.-- Required
Education, Experience, Skills Education: Juris Doctor with
excellent academic credentials from top tier law school.
- 7+ years' experience.
- Law firm and/or in-house experience for a medical device or
pharmaceutical company, including experience with complex
commercial and corporate transactions, employment, and general
- Knowledge and understanding of legal issues facing global
medical device companies including anti-bribery, FCPA,
anti-kickback, Medicare fraud and abuse, FDA regulations, Sunshine,
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage legal risks for complex
- Experience in managing litigation.
- Understanding of intellectual property laws. Travel:
Approximately 25% travel Domestic and International
- Ability to apply business and technical expertise to identify
potential issues and partner with colleagues across LBS to help
solve problems of significant importance to the company.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, ability to act
as a change agent through dynamic interactions with others. Strong
- Ability to work in a matrixed, multidisciplinary
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to build and
maintain productive relationships with leaders of other functional
areas within and across the business areas to seek alignment on
objectives for the benefit of LBS, our Diagnostics Platform group
of companies and Danaher Corporation.
- Demonstrated ability to make final decisions regarding the
resolution of complex regional or functional business problems,
independent of popularity of decision.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple
projects. Highly motivated with the ability to be proactive, take
initiative, and carefully monitor, follow through, and complete
projects in a professional and timely manner.
- Professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of
view with senior management. This job description in no way states
or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this
employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties
necessary for the effective operation of the department or unit.
This job description may be changed at any time. Danaher
Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity
employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster
is available here . By clicking the "Submit" button you consent to
unsubscribe at any time. --------------------- Get tailored job
recommendations based on your interests. Please be aware that
fraudsters often impersonate companies like Danaher and our
operating companies to scam job seekers.--You should expect a
thorough recruitment process including scheduled interviews with
recruiters and the hiring team. We do not ask job applicants to
submit personally identifiable information by email, such as social
security number or bank account details, and we will never ask you
to purchase items for reimbursement or ask you to transfer
funds.--Your safety is of the upmost importance to us-please be
aware of and report any fraudulent activity to your local
Keywords: Danaher Group, Buffalo Grove , Senior Counsel, Legal , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!