Your journey to building a better world starts here!
WHO WE ARE
We help our customers deliver products that have a profound
impact on people's lives. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to
network security applications and in flight Wi-Fi, we help create
products that build a better world. Now, more than ever, we are
making an impact as we support products used in the fight against
We're a global team of over 19,000 Engineering, Manufacturing,
Supply Chain and Aftermarket Service experts that partner with our
customers to bring their products to life through inspired
innovation and world-class customer service. As an employee of
Plexus, we are committed to keeping you safe with newly implemented
precautions such as virtual interviews, staggered start times
across all shifts, enhanced cleaning processes, temperature
screenings as you enter our facilities and requiring all employees
to wear masks.
We are currently hiring for full-time, immediate, career
opportunities. Whether you're looking to start, make a change, or
advance your career, find your path at Plexus and leave your mark
on the world.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT
Engaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you.
People that support and inspire you to realize your full potential.
A workplace centered on collaboration and integrity. At Plexus,
we're at our best when opportunities are met with passion, open
communication and teamwork.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT
Purpose Statement: Overall responsibility to deploy
manufacturing operations strategy, control systems, tools and
metrics to accurately measure progress, identify root causes,
production capacity, quality and staffing issues and
develop/implement corrective action plans.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Ensure compliance to all manufacturing, quality and regulatory
- Coordinate resources to ensure correct priorities are being
addressed and forecast is attained.
- Implement programs that improve labor efficiency, on time
delivery, continuous quality improvement, and other corporate or
- Leads the Investigation of production issues in order to solve
problems that would otherwise cause manufacturing delays.
- Overall responsibility for the manufacturing operations
ensuring assembled hardware meets quality, cost, and delivery
requirements by planning, organizing, and directing the flow of
- Accountable to execute on Plexus' Best People strategy, leaders
will focus on evaluating potential, driving succession planning and
ensuring that their employees receive the development and coaching
required to realize their full potential.
- Review sales and labor goals daily to monitor production
- Effectively manages and controls direct labor staffing levels
to achieve the site LCM forecast.
- Communicate customer needs and product status to all production
and management employees to provide accurate information in order
to monitor daily and weekly goals.
- Provide tours for current or prospective customers in order to
visually display all information communicated about the
- Coordinate facilities layout to provide for proper focused
factory direction in relation to process flow and WIP.
- Generate reports to effectively communicate program
contributions, OTD, continuous improvement efforts and
manufacturing issues and needs.
- Provides supervision for assigned personnel to include
selection, training, performance evaluation and related
- Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the
business (estimated 15%).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; a Master's degree
- Seven (7) years of related experience is required; One (1) or
more years of related experience is preferred.
- Technical expertise in PCB Assembly process, SMT, RoHS
Assembly, Mechanical Assembly, Lean Manufacturing, IPC Standards,
and Quality Systems required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient
to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be
- Employee must have demonstrated supervisory experience
- Advanced Decision Making, Problem Solving Skills
- General office equipment and materials
- The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment
with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is
not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent
could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully
passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. persons." "U.S.
persons" are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful
permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted
asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.