Your journey to building a better world starts here!
We are now hiring full-time, production roles to support our
Manufacturing site. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to
network security application and in-flight Wi-Fi, we help create
products that build a better world. Now, more than ever, we are
making an impact on the world as we manufacture medical devices
that are used in the fight against COVID-19.
As an employee, we promise to keep you safe through the
following precautions; virtual interviews, staggered start times
across all shifts, enhanced cleaning processes, daily temperature
screenings and requiring all employees to wear masks.
Whether you're looking to start your manufacturing career or are
an experienced manufacturer, you'll join a great team that is
making a difference.
Purpose Statement: Responsible for supervising and managing
activities directly related to the daily business and department
needs. This position requires limited supervision and is also
required to exercise moderate discretion and independent judgment
by developing, analyzing and delivering simple to complex
information. Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of
two or more employees, ensuring employee safety, assigning tasks,
checking work at frequent intervals, and maintaining schedules.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Assign work assignments based on daily department needs, ensure
quality products are produced and achieve department metrics.
- Conduct human resource activities which may include approving
time off, conducting performance appraisals, coaching and
disciplinary action and maintaining company policies and
- Provides mentoring, leadership and direction for those you
- Effectively communicate daily schedules, goals, quality
issues/concerns between shifts to ensure customer expectations are
met. Follow proper escalation process when necessary.
- Ensure individuals are trained to the appropriate assembly
build instructions and ensures personnel are compliant with all
applicable SFT training requirements. Intelligently flex those you
oversee to meet customer schedules based on training and skill
- Review documentation for accuracy and submits requests for
- Supports resolution of department issues and escalates as
required for immediate action.
- Supports Lean/Sigma and continuous improvement activities while
providing input for improvements.
- Coordinate cross-training of employees.
- Ensures 5s practices are followed and maintained within
- Assists other departments as needed to effectively and
efficiently meet the needs of Plexus and customers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a High School diploma is required; an Associate's
degree is preferred.
- Two (2) years of related experience is required; Two (2) or
more years of related experience is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient
to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be
- Basic industry knowledge
- Basic decision making and problem solving skills
- Basic supervision and team building skills
- Good communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Basic data analysis and presentation skills
- General office equipment and materials
- The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment
with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is
not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent
could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully
passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. persons." "U.S.
persons" are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful
permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted
asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.