Inline Trainer (2nd Shift)
Company: Plexus Corp.
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Your journey to building a better world starts here!
We are now hiring full-time, production roles to support our
Manufacturing site. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to
network security application and in-flight Wi-Fi, we help create
products that build a better world. Now, more than ever, we are
making an impact on the world as we manufacture medical devices
that are used in the fight against COVID-19.
As an employee, we promise to keep you safe through the
following precautions; virtual interviews, staggered start times
across all shifts, enhanced cleaning processes, daily temperature
screenings and requiring all employees to wear masks.
Whether you're looking to start your manufacturing career or are
an experienced manufacturer, you'll join a great team that is
making a difference.
Purpose Statement: The Inline Trainer serves as a trainer and
mentor to manufacturing associates and consolidates the training
that the trainee has received from the technical training
specialist. This individual is responsible for maintaining/managing
training compliance, enforcing operational standards, and driving
continuous improvement and zero defects in their assigned area.
He/she also supports production during critical times as approved
by their manager.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Reinforce training that has been received to ensure that the
manufacturing associate is competent to perform the trained task
independently on live product and understands the zero defects
- Train quality, operational, technical, environmental, health,
and safety standards in assigned work area and escalate any
training issues to the production/group lead and technical training
- Work closely with the production/group lead to ensure trainee
meets productivity goals set for each product worked on.
- Demonstrate and train to a high standard to meet customer
demands, production needs and quality requirements in assigned
- Demonstrate knowledge of manual and automated operations of
equipment and processes following training, Assembly Build
Instructions (ABIs) and/or Visual Knowledge Share (VKS) Guidebooks,
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Equipment Operating
Instructions (EOIs), and Work Instructions (WIs).
- Work with technical training specialists to monitor training
delinquency and forecast in assigned work area to ensure that all
training is current and manufacturing associates remain compliant
with regard to training requirements.
- Conduct on-the-job training related to area's core functional
operations to ensure employee is competent to perform their
- Perform quality surveillance checks, follow-up, and
documentation of findings on a routine basis by working in
conjunction with the quality team and the manufacturing management
- Support continuous improvement activities through collaboration
with the Training Department.
- Maintain accurate time keeping, record keeping, labor tracking,
and training records.
- Work closely with the technical training specialists,
production/group leads, supervisor, and subject matter experts to
develop manufacturing associate cross-training and support diverse
- Maintain manufacturing process/product knowledge by
periodically supporting production.
- Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the
business (estimated less than 1%).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 1 year of related experience is required; 2 years of related
experience is preferred.
- Inline Trainer should have previous experience serving as a
peer trainer or mentor and is viewed as a role model among
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient
to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be
- Must have basic to intermediate knowledge/skills in Outlook,
Word, and Excel
- Basic to intermediate knowledge/skills in Power BI, DCS,
Cornerstone, Training Delinquency and Forecast Tools, ABIs, and VKS
Guidebooks is preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to interpret, receive direction. and apply both written
and oral instructions
- Flexible to quickly adapt to learning new tasks and moving to
new areas to meet changing customer demands
- Flexible and able to work overtime, nights, various shifts and
weekends as required
- Has demonstrated competencies in: teamwork, professional
demeanor, quality, job knowledge, communication, problem solving
and lean principles, flexibility, attendance, and timeliness
- Prior experience with various manufacturing processes and
equipment is a plus
- Able to utilize general manufacturing tools and equipment
- Able to alternate between sitting, standing, and/or walking for
long periods of time
- Able and willing to wear appropriate Personal Protective
Equipment as required for assigned area
- Materials worked with include, but are not limited to:
isopropyl alcohol, flux, thinner, thermal compounds, solder (lead
and lead free), epoxy, solder wicks, conformal coatings, and other
materials as needed
- The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment
with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is
not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent
could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully
passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. persons." "U.S.
persons" are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful
permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted
asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
Keywords: Plexus Corp., Buffalo Grove , Inline Trainer (2nd Shift), Other , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!