Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career
The Assembler will be based in Buffalo Grove, IL. Performs a
variety of component installations and inspections on electronic
assemblies/subassemblies along a production line. May perform minor
repairs as necessary.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample
assemblies, or receives verbal holding instructions regarding
duties to be performed.
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each
other in jig, fixture or other device.
- Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements,
press fits or performs similar operations to join or secure parts
- Mounts assembled components to boards or units.
- May install multi-level subassemblies and modules into Racks
using complex configurations.
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs
and switches, to assemblies.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting,
encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping,
etching, impregnating and color-coding parts and assemblies.
- Tends machines that press, shape or wind component parts.
- Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure
parts and assemblies meet production specifications and
- Sets up station with the correct documents and components per
- Handles/install polarized/non-polarized components on
designated location on product.
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified
electrical requirements or dimensional characteristics.
- Assist in performing repair work.
- Communicates any process problems with peers, leads,
supervisors and/or engineers.
- Perform preventative maintenance on production line
Here is some of what you'll need (required)
- Completion of a high school degree or equivalent is preferred.
Successful completion of company provided training may be
- Only Current Contractors Working at Buffalo Grove, IL Facility
will be Considered.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and
computers. Good attention to detail. Excellent eye-hand
coordination required. Requires understanding of and ability to use
a wide variety of tools. Basic computer skills. Must be able to use
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using weight measurement and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple
instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with
only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to
effectively present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to other employees, leads and supervisors of the
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
Is Sponsorship Available?
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are
based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not
discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on:
age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability,
pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex
provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with
a disability may participate in the selection process. Please
advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in
a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your
request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable
accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position
within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will
contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to
the required skills required for this position. Thank you for
considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to
us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include
your contact details; information provided in online
questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and
information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be
provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use
your information for legitimate business purposes such as
responding to comments or queries or answering questions;
progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to
share web content with others or; where you represent one of our
customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship
with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in
accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data,
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Keywords: Flex, Buffalo Grove , Assembler, Other , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!