Custodian - Part- time Evening Shift 5 hours a day (5p-10p)
Company: Kildeer Countryside School District 96
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: June 6, 2021
General Job Description:
Under the direct supervision of the head custodian, building
principal and director of facilities and transportation, the
custodian's primary responsibility shall be to maintain a safe,
clean and healthy physical environment at the facility assigned by
providing custodial, janitorial and maintenance services so that
full educational use of school facilities are available to
students, staff, parents and the school community.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Two years of experience as a custodian preferred.
Demonstrates the ability to maintain effective and professional
working relationships with students, staff, supervisors and members
of the department.
Some heavy lifting and physical labor is required. Required to
lift and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds regularly and is
occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 90 pounds.
Demonstrates the ability to understand and follow directions in
Required to properly handle chemical cleaners and supplies
following manufacturer's directions.
May be required to work during school holidays, weekends, days,
evenings and overtime during inclement weather as directed by the
head custodian, building principal and director of facilities and
Demonstrates cooperativeness and helpfulness.
- Any combination of experience and education will be
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the grounds surrounding the school.
- Meets regularly with the head custodian to coordinate
janitorial and custodial services needed.
- Follows and implements safe work practices and wears
appropriate protective equipment.
- Performs general cleaning and maintenance of the school
building including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting and
sanitizing according to established district criteria.
- Assists with the removal of snow from driveways, parking lots,
bus areas, sidewalks and entrances to the school.
- Maintains a supply of the necessary materials and equipment
needed to effectively clean the school.
- Maintains the safety and security of the building and grounds,
and performs the final security check of the facility at the
completion of the shift.
- Assumes responsibility the for general fire safety of the
- Sanitizes washroom fixtures, including toilets, urinals,
washbowls, fixtures, walls, partitions and floors according to
established district criteria.
- Removes refuse from the building and places in outside refuse
- Moves and sets up chairs, tables, etc. as required for special
school events and for daily lunch.
- Interfaces with all levels of staff within the building, with
members of the school community and others who utilize the school
- Performs other related duties as may be necessary and assigned
by the head custodian, building principal and director of
facilities and transportation.
Keywords: Kildeer Countryside School District 96, Buffalo Grove , Custodian - Part- time Evening Shift 5 hours a day (5p-10p), Other , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!