Supv, Production B
Company: Yaskawa Electric America
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Yaskawa America, Inc. - Drives & Motion Division is a U.S.
corporation, created to provide Automation Solutions and Support to
our customers in North America, Central America, and South America.
Yaskawa is the world's largest manufacturer of AC Inverter Drives,
Servo and Motion Control, and Robotics Automation Systems. Products
are marketed through direct sales, partners, representatives,
dealers, and distributors. Yaskawa America, Inc. - Drives & Motion
Division is a wholly-owned corporation of Yaskawa Electric
Corporation of Japan. Since 1915, Yaskawa Electric has served the
world needs for products to improve global productivity through
Yaskawa is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to
supervise associates at its Buffalo Grove, IL facility.
Responsibilities will include supervising manufacturing related
resources, and processes in an effort to meet operation's mission
statement, quality policy, and quality objectives, as well as to
accomplish department and individual goals.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Plan, organize, and implement daily assembly task schedule for
all assemblers/testers, to ensure that the production output
supports the established schedule.
- Evaluate assemblers/testers overall performance and participate
in the annual goal setting objectives and performance
- Monitor and evaluate daily activities of assemblers/testers.
Measurements include reports that track; standard hour efficiency,
in-process errors, performance to production schedule, safety
record and assembler attendance.
- Utilize Kaizen activities to plan and implement improvements to
problems related to production, in process quality and final
- Maintain and establish assembly; in-process testing; and other
- Contribute in the development of the operating and capital
expense budget, both short-term and long-term needs, and
continually monitoring it.
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience, preferably in a
continuous improvement environment related to the manufacture of
- At least 3 years plant floor supervisory, group-leader, or
training experience with the ability to direct work assignments,
set priorities, delegate tasks, analyze situations and make
- Ability to plan, organize, establish and monitor work
schedules, read and write English, perform High School level math,
and have a basic knowledge of electrical circuits.
- Ability to maintain and perform training related to assembly,
test and work instructions.
- Manual skills with tools in precision assembly line work that
requires frequent mental and visual attention, where the flow of
work is intermittent and requires checking to determine
- Experience in soldering and wire harness assembly in
electronic/electrical cabinet assembly environment and in
electronic assembly test procedures.
- Understanding of ISO 9001: 2015 or similar Quality Management
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, and
ERP software. Preferably Microsoft Office, and SAP.
- Knowledgeable in best practices related to manufacturing and
inventory control (i.e. Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, vendor managed
- Thorough understanding of the assembly skills used in
mechanical and electrical assembly.
Keywords: Yaskawa Electric America, Buffalo Grove , Supv, Production B, Other , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!