COBOL Lead Developer - Advisor
Company: CVS Health
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The COBOL Lead Developer with work in an application development
environment and analyze, design, code complex programs, or perform
code/design reviews, and verify testing results to ensure adherence
to quality requirements. The programs to be reviewed are COBOL/DB2
based. This role report in to Senior Manager, Mail Systems,
Few responsibilities include:
- Research, recommend and drive implementation of new
technologies and work closely with teams to provide bench-marked
solutions to complex technical project requirements or client needs
including technical design, problem resolution, implementation and
- Manage developers (Off Shore and on-site) including directing
their work, assisting with questions/issues, reviewing test cases
and performing code reviews.
- Solve highly technical and complex problems in the areas of
- Partner with project leader, as appropriate, to identify
technical requirements and alternatives to accomplish project,
while providing accurate estimates for project development and
- Work with management to meet those estimates and assist in
establishment of and adherence to technical direction, standards,
guidelines and methodology for use in specified technologies in own
- Play lead role in technically complex phases of
projects/initiatives, take accountability for technical quality and
work-ability of solutions.
- Transfer knowledge to team members through counseling and
The COBOL lead Developer should have knowledge of batch
programming and job scheduling. They must possess strong written
and verbal communication skills with proven ability to interface
effectively with team members, IT groups and business users and
possess strong problem solving skills.
- 5+ years of experience with the following programming languages
and technical tools including the following:
COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2
- 2+ years of experience in a Healthcare environment.
- Ability to create and execute complex test plans.
- Understanding of coding best practices and adherence to
- Experience in creating Application Design Documents.
- Experienced with MQ Series, and UDB is a plus.
- Knowledge on all phases of SDLC
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Will accept
a verifiable H.S. Diploma / GED with one year of relevant work
experience for each year of college not attained in addition to
required years of experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people
on their path to better health. We are working to transform health
care through innovations that make quality care more accessible,
easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together
and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new
approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity,
inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate
in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or
characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local
law. We proudly support and encourage people with military
experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as
well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job
Keywords: CVS Health, Buffalo Grove , COBOL Lead Developer - Advisor, Other , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!