Operations Manager - Automation
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career
The Automation Operations Manager will be based in Buffalo
Grove, IL. In this position you will be responsible for effectively
managing all strategic automationoperational processes and
resources, and leading an organization in order to achieve and
maintain operational excellence-
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Manage appropriate staffing and inventory levels
- Oversee the assembly operations to meet corporate KOI
- Supervise production staff on work method and quality
- Coordinate with other departments and other Flex sites to drive
- Coordinate efforts of operations team by establishing
procurement, production and engineering services policies and
- Ensure ISO and safety standards are adhered to. Report to
leadership team in weekly operations reviews.
- Coach and mentor Operations leadership.
- Leverage industry practices and apply to internal systems and
- Implement appropriate HR strategies and actions to recruit and
retain a qualified and motivated workforce.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Previous management experience in operations/automation
- 5 to 10 years of related experience in a technology-based
industry, where automated assembly techniques are utilized.
- Industrial Engineering experience working in high-volume
- Knowledge of automated equipment systems and tools - robotic,
vision, material handling, Conveyors, PLC, HMI, Pick-Place-Pack,
Inspection/Test (Structural and Non-Contact e.g. Laser),
Application of lasers e.g. Etching/Marking, dispense process,
plastics welding and joining.
- Travel required - 20%
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment using injection
molding machines and related auxiliary equipment
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or
- Experience in working with manufacturing of medical
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers.
OperationsRelocation:Eligible for domestic relocation only
Is Sponsorship Available?
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are
based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not
discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on:
age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability,
pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex
provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with
a disability may participate in the selection process. Please
advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in
a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your
request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable
accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position
within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will
contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to
the required skills required for this position. Thank you for
considering a career with Flex.
Keywords: Flex, Buffalo Grove , Operations Manager - Automation, Other , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!