Programmer Analyst - Java
Company: Computer Aid
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Programmer Analyst - Java
In 2013, Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) launched their Autism 2Work
Program with a strategic mission of helping the underemployment of
many affected with ASD (Autism Spectrum) that are looking for
opportunities where they can do more, learn more and develop a
career in Information Technology.
This position is responsible for developing, integrating,
testing, and maintaining existing and new applications; knowing one
or more programming languages; knowing one or more development
methodologies / delivery models. On the job training and
development will be provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide subject matter expertise to AMS and other Center teams,
- Contribute to product feature prioritization and technology
- Design build and unit test highly scalable applications.
- Provide maintenance support to applications as required
supporting incident escalations.
- Identify new technologies, trends, and opportunities.
- Agile Development
- Participate in sprint planning, design, coding, unit testing,
- Provide basic design documents and translates into
component-level designs to accelerate development. Design, develop,
and distribute reusable technical components.
- Assist in developing of technical documentation; participate in
test-plan development, integration and deployment.
- Define & develop project requirements, functional
specifications and detailed designs of application solutions for
- Knowledge of scripting languages (BASH / PERL / PYTHON /
- Knowledge of application / product feature design.
- Knowledge of integration technologies
- Knowledge of mobile technologies (Client Anywhere / iOS /
Android / Java / HTML5).
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Knowledge of web technologies
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies (SaaS / IaaS /
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or Information
Skills Required to be developed:
- Desire and interest in continued learning programming/software
- Ability to disclose diagnosis of Autism (ASD)
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and
- Sedentary work that involves sitting or remaining stationary
most of the time with occasional need to move around the office to
attend meetings, etc.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks on a computer, utilizing a
mouse, keyboard and monitor
If you are interested in this position, please apply using the
"Apply" option. If you have questions, or would like to speak with
a Recruiter directly, send an email to the contact person below and
note the job identification number in the subject line.
Outreach and Development Specialist
Keywords: Computer Aid, Buffalo Grove , Programmer Analyst - Java, Other , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!