Manufacturing Engineer - Mass Transit
Company: Michael Page
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: June 15, 2022
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the
implementation of projects to improve CNC operations at our
client's facility. They will be heavily focused on leading
Lean/Continuous Improvement initiatives, as well as developing and
improving CNC manufacturing processes. Client DetailsOur client is
a leading manufacturer supplying customers in the transitory space.
They are showing impressive growth at their IL locations in
particular, and are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to help
improve their CNC operations and line themselves up for a
leadership role. My client truly believes in professional training
and development and continuously sets their people up for success.
- Provide the leadership and training for a team of three CNC
- Train technicians as well as non-technical associates. May
review the work of other engineers/technicians. Can assist others
through moderately to complex tasks.
- Interact with production support operators, team leaders,
set-up operators, and shift supervisors to provide standard problem
solving and troubleshooting
- Lead or assist in the implementation of continuous improvement
and Kaizen projects.
- Develop and write CNC programs for mills/lathes.
- Prototype part development via CAD tools to simulate the
- Research new equipment and prepare capital expenditures for new
- Develop tooling designs and modifications to ensure high
quality and productivity.
- Specify required tooling, fixtures, and gaging required.
- Evaluate tooling, Scrap and Rework cost, determine root cause
and corrective action to reduce cost.
- Complete improvement projects to address the root causes of
- Utilize systems to perform duties and process changes to
- Participate and lead design review initiatives for new
- Optimize the equipment for minimal setup time, changeover, and
- Define and implement the required preventative maintenance
method for the machining equipment
- Provide the process and operational documentation for effective
use of the equipment in the production environment.
- Diagnose machine problems working with internal and external
resources to resolve any issues immediately.Profile
- Specific experience using LEAN, Six Sigma, etc. for cost
saving/production improvement initiatives
- Technical degree preferred
- 5+ years experience in a relevant field or manufacturing
- Experience with machining and machine troubleshooting
- Strong abilities in the use of complex technical tools
- Experience with GD&T
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Mastercam experience is a plusJob Offer
- Base salary between $90,000-$105,000 based on level of
- Access to top of industry training and development
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical benefits through BCBS
- 3% 401(K) match
- Clear path to promotion within the organizationMPI does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an
individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable
federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from
minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other
Keywords: Michael Page, Buffalo Grove , Manufacturing Engineer - Mass Transit, Other , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!