Company: PPC Flexible Packaging
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: September 19, 2022
- Set up and record run condition reports
- Use all tools necessary to set up each job efficiently
- Read and understand customer orders and artwork
- Read and follow daily press schedule
- Work effectively to meet daily production needs.
- Legibly and accurately record activities
- Remove and properly dispose of all flying splices and defects
on rewind position or master roll.
- Monitor print quality during the run using the auto defect
detection system. (AVT SYSTEM)
- Track all setup, downtime and run time
- Scan and process materials going on and coming off of the
- Maintain quality and run orders quickly and
- Mark or flag all press stops, splices and misprints
- Keep work and surrounding areas clean
- Report any and all mechanical issues
- Direct the press assistant in the staging of the next
- Train, mentor, and monitor the press assistant
Qualifications + Physical Requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- At least 5+ years of wide web flexographic printing experience
- Propel self across multiple surfaces, including concrete,
carpeting, and linoleum.
- Standing 10 to 12 hours on solid surface, walking on uneven
surfaces 10 to 12 hours; bending, kneeling, squatting 8 to 10
- Reaching with arms up and down, side to side; use hands to
finger, feel, or handle objects 12 hours.
- Close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception with
ability to discern color and texture; 10 to 12 hours.
- Ability to hear warning bells and forklift engine; 12 hours
You should be proficient in:
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- Blueprint Reading
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Meets Physical Requirements
- High School / GED
- Excellent Communication Skills
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- Flexographic Printing Press
Keywords: PPC Flexible Packaging, Buffalo Grove , Press Operator, Other , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!