Site Reliability Engineer
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: November 23, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.Edward Jones is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer
(SRE) who help with system reliability and performance monitoring
for web platforms including Oracle WebLogic, Tomcat, and Apache. As
a Site Reliability Engineer, you will drive system monitoring,
performance, enhance data usage and analysis for the firm to
identify areas off opportunity for providing better service and
systems to our end users. You will help proactively identify system
issues and run change/resolution to ensure stability for our end
What You Will Do:
- You will ensure the appropriate SLA/SLO dashboards are
- You will guide and mentor teams on observability, scalability,
and resiliency of web platforms.
- Participate in the analysis, design, develop, testing, and
implementation activities within the areas of responsibility.
- Assist team in setting up and maintaining SLIs, SLOs, and error
budgets for systems and applications.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of incidents in
mission-critical systems and participate in preventative problem
- You will be part of a 24x7x365 support team whose focus is to
work together to resolve problems as they arise and then to
implement solutions to prevent the same incidents from occurring
- Automation first approach for evolving service offerings and
enhancing platform/application reliability.
- Monitor application or platform performance using APM and other
monitoring tools to isolate the fault domain and identify root
cause of performance issues.
- Facilitate blames incident retrospectives to understand root
causes, communicate learnings, determine remediation, and drive
continuous improvement.Understand and manage capacity needs and
prepare for future growth or reduction of
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
Engineering or Management Information Systems preferred or related
- 5+ years of experience in software, infrastructure, or platform
engineering with a combination of the following:
- Production support and operations.
- Performance Testing/Tuning/Monitoring, maximizing system uptime
and availability, ensuring functional and performance SLAs.
- Experience in Agile Methodologies and processes.
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse
audiences and making prudent and timely technical risk
- Experience developing automation.
- Available on a 24x7x365 basis when needed for production
- Advance experience with WebLogic Application Servers 12c,
WebLogic Scripting, and J2EE applications.
- Expertise in troubleshooting and investigating issues in Java
or other environments.
- Expert level experience in using monitoring platforms,
frameworks & patterns such as DynaTrace, Splunk, and Grafana.
- Carry out thread dump analysis, heap dump analysis, garbage
collection monitoring and tuning.
- 3+ years of experience with DevOps tools, including Ansible,
Artifactory, Git, and Jenkins.
- Highly proficient at shell and python scripting, Linux
commands, Jenkins jobs, and CICD setup.Excellent problem-solving,
team-working and time management skills.
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune
July 2022, Great Places to Work - data as of March 2022.
Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for
Millennials by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. The
privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance
on the list.2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published
September 2022, research by Great Places to Work -, data as of
August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the
Edward Jones has been named to the
2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work - and
Fortune - magazine, ranking No. 45.2022 Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great
Place to Work -, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has
earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -
ranking by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. Edward
Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.2022 Best Places
to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work - in partnership
with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine
January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
Edward Jones scored 100 percent on
the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality
Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report
measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+
workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best
places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. to learn more about our total
compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically
includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for
this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on
skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a
potential new associate:
Salary: $90628 - $154313
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Buffalo Grove , Site Reliability Engineer, Other , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!