System Engineer (Hybrid)
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: January 21, 2023
The RoleIn an exciting and fast-paced work environment, the
System Engineer I is responsible for the design and implementation
of internal systems, including customer-facing hosted and cloud
environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team
members with system and network requests.
We have a compassionate and fun-loving culture and seek employees
who thrive under those conditions and promote those values.
- Provide IT support relating to issues with the internal systems
and network infrastructure.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows
Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, File
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware,
NetApp, and Microsoft.
- Provide technical services and support at the network level:
WAN/LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Administer hosted and cloud solutions for customers using
technologies that meet their requirements.
- Support disaster recovery solutions.
- Utilize remote access solution support: Cisco VPN, Checkpoint
VPN, and Terminal Services.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network
- Communicate with customers as required by keeping them informed
of incident progress and notifying them of impending changes or
- Track incidents and projects using the help desk ticketing
- Position requires being a part of an after-hours on call
- Provide and deliver exceptional customer service by ensuring
complete customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Apply good judgement and escalate service or project issues in
a timely manner.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how
IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up to
date with current and future technologies emerging in the
- Interpersonal skills such as telephony skills, communication
skills, active listening, and customer care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Ability to match resources to technical issues
- Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for
which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology
is used to provide IT services.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving
- Comfortable with communicating with all levels of management,
business, and technical users.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgement and work
independently or as a member of a team.
- Ability to adapt to changes in work priorities while managing
expectations and completing demands in a delivery-driven
- Ability to work indiscriminately with various individuals
regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age,
sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a closely
related field is preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience as an IT Support Specialist or System
- Professional IT certifications such as Microsoft MCP, CompTIA
A+, Network+, or Security+ preferred.
About InterDevSince 1980, InterDev has been providing professional
Information Technology Management Support and Security services for
commercial businesses, government entities/municipalities, non-
profits, and a variety of organizations across the Southern and
Mideastern U.S. In addition to managing and hosting IT operations
for our valued clients, we are an industry leader in Geographic
Information Services and Telecom/VoIP platforms. InterDev is a
proud Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and Barracuda Networks
Certified Diamond Partner.
We work hard, embrace high standards in our quality of services
model, and take pride as a pacesetter in our industry. Here at
InterDev, we care about our associates. We are dedicated to:
- Work/life balance
- Job satisfaction
- Professional development opportunities
- Health & wellness
We offer comprehensive benefits which include 401(k) with employer
contributions, health, disability, and life insurance. We support
our team members' professional development with company funded
continuing education programs, employee incentives, and hands-on
experience in a wide variety of configurations, systems, and
Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a professional office
environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax
Physical DemandsThis is largely a sedentary role; however, some
filing may be required. There will be prolonged periods of sitting
at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift up to 15
Position Type and Expected Hours of WorkThis is a full-time,
non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday
through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Additional Eligibility QualificationsCandidate must successfully
complete background screening and drug screening upon acceptance of
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
AAP/EEO StatementInterDev LLC provides equal employment opportunity
to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed,
religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes
affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and
employees are treated during employment without regard to any of
these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Keywords: InterDev, Buffalo Grove , System Engineer (Hybrid), Other , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!