Bindery Operator 1st shift- SIGN ON BONUS
Company: RR Donnelley
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Veritas Document Solutions an RR Donnelley Company, a leading
provider of technology-driven communications solutions has an
immediate opening for a Bindery Operator for our Buffalo Grove, IL
- Working on the multiple small bindery and mailing equipment
such as 3 hole punch, spiral binder, tape binder,
booklet-makers/stitchers, machine assembly equipment.
- Keeping a Safe and Clean work environment around Light
- Inspect equipment for safety issues.
- May operate automatic adhesive binding machines (perfect
binders) that contain numerous interrelated process stations that
are fed collated sheets or signatures and perform such functions as
vibrating, milling, roughening, gluing, covering and delivering or
stacking completed books, magazines or catalogs.
- Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple work
stations on a single machine.
- Monitor quality, output and productivity. RRD is an EEO/AA
including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Working knowledge of the set up, adjustment, procedures,
capabilities and limitations of equipment to perform the full range
of standard and specialized folding, collating, and cutting of
printed materials to complete a finished product.
- Familiarity with different paper weights, sizes, kinds and
colors so as to be able to identify paper conditions (i.e.
excessive moisture or curling that frequently requires additional
- Familiarity with basic mathematics (i.e. decimals, metric
units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in job
orders and to make more complicated adjustments.
- Ability to use the full range of standard and specialized tools
and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and
operating conditions of the bindery machines.
- Skill in making adjustments to powered machines using hand
tools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, punches, knives) as well as
more specialized hand tools, usually furnished by the machine
- Knowledge of operating procedures for bindery equipment such as
folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing
- Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the
number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the
work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with
Keywords: RR Donnelley, Buffalo Grove , Bindery Operator 1st shift- SIGN ON BONUS, Other , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!