Test Automation Lead - Smart Infrastructure
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Job Family: Research & DevelopmentReq ID: 303628Who designs your
future? You do.Are you looking for a career where you can showcase
your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure
your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and
energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!Join our team!
Recognized by Fortune as Worlds Most Admired Companies 2021Our
Culture:At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in
which every employee takes personal responsibility for our
company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as
owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate
openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our
successes. We recognize individual and team achievements
frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety
of internal and external development opportunities.What you will do
for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:We are searching for someone to
partner with the Siemens SI BP R&D System Test organization. As
a Test Design Professional at Siemens, you will work within
development teams to build and enhance products for the commercial
HVAC market. You will be responsible for ensuring that our products
meet or exceed defined requirements. The primary focus for this
role is System Test automation for the Desigo CC products and
services.The ideal candidate is described as follows:
- Proven, demonstratable experience in designing, prototyping and
implementing automated system testing strategies and architecture
for Windows client/server software residing in large, complex, IT
networks and cloud platforms.
- Solid Knowledge of all aspects of software development life
cycle such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, implementing
and post-production analysis of the projects. Implementation,
contribution and support of CI-CD delivery a plus.
- Experience working hands-on in large, complex systems, networks
and connective IT technologies. Highly desired to have experience
in building controls that leverage BACnet, KNX, DALI, IO, block
programming, HVAC applications, system configurations and building
- Good understanding of useability from a systems perspective,
know how all the pieces should fit together, and then enjoy finding
ways that they dont.
- Enjoys doing unit testing, working with developers and other
engineers to design the right type of testing to do a complete
- Continuously learns and adopts new testing technologies, tools
and concepts to grow their personal toolbox of skills and
- Enjoys the challenge of finding missing and/or broken
- Enjoys improving and simplifying features, challenging designs
and overly complex procedures that could hinder our customers.
- Passionately curious and creative in finding ways of making
software, hardware and networks work together both correctly and
- Desires a meaningful career, aligning with a group of diverse
and technically sharp colleagues.
- Energized by solving problems.Responsibilities
- Define, design, prototype, implement and maintain a test
automation system test solution for Windows-based client/server
building control software. Our solutions also have cloud deployment
components, so applicants should also have experience in system
testing cloud deployments.
- Collaborates with development teams in the US as well as
globally to fix issues.
- Review product specifications with respect to testability and
provide feedback. Work with business owners and leads when such
information is unavailable.
- Document traceability of tests to associated functional and
non-functional requirements, justifying efficient and effective
- Develop and execute test designs and test cases for
verification and validation of systems functionality through manual
and automated tests.
- Develop automated tests and implement automated functional and
system testing based upon manual test procedures and end-user
- Work with development teams to resolve issues spanning one or
- Report on test status and outcomes.
- Collaborate with international, multi-site development teams in
a SAFe Agile development environment.
- Comply with documented Siemens development processes.
- As part of being a software tester, be very grounded in the
software testing disciple.
- Participate in resolution of field issues in existing
- Participate in Peer Reviews.
- Some opportunity for US or European travel (-5%).Preferred
Knowledge/ Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree or higher in a computer science discipline is
preferred, or successful experience in a directly related field and
successful demonstration of capabilities as presented here.
Certification may be required in some areas, where job assignments
are deemed necessary.
- Proven experience and can demonstrate the designing,
prototyping, and implementing of automated system testing
strategies for Windows client/server software residing in large,
complex, IT networks and in the cloud.
- Demonstratable test automation skills and knowledge of
automated test tools for online applications such as Selenium,
Java, Cucumber, Cypress, etc.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in multiple scripting and/or
programming languages such as C#, C++, Python, Java, Java Script,
- Excellent working knowledge of an automation platform such as
Ranorex, Sauce Labs, Test Complete.
- Solid experience with test plan management tools (such as Jazz,
Quality Center, Jira, Mantis).
- Solid experience with risk based and exploratory testing.
- Solid experience with coding and testing APIs.
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and
network technologies including network diagnostic, problem-solving
and analytical skills. Be able to inspect LAN infrastructure and
fix minor or major system issues (Wireshark).
- Good knowledge of virtualization technologies, platforms and
- Working knowledge and experience in AWS, Azure or other cloud
- Ability to leverage any work environment: at home, onsite and
- Worked with Gitlab and/or Jenkins for end-to-end
- Worked with DevOps Engineers for CI-CD deployment and
testing.Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for
employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not
require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future
for employment in the United StatesBenefits:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive flex vacation, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs
available#LI-MO1Organization: Smart InfrastructureCompany: Siemens
Industry, Inc.Experience Level: Mid-level ProfessionalFull / Part
time: Full-timeEqual Employment Opportunity StatementSiemens is an
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging
diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry,
sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability,
marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.EEO is the LawApplicants and employees
are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination ProvisionSiemens follows
Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
.California Privacy NoticeCalifornia residents have the right to
receive additional notices about their personal information. To
learn more, click here
Keywords: Siemens, Buffalo Grove , Test Automation Lead - Smart Infrastructure, Other , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!