Production Associate III
Company: Plexus Corp.
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Your journey to building a better world starts here!
We are now hiring full-time, production roles to support our
Manufacturing site. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to
network security application and in-flight Wi-Fi, we help create
products that build a better world. Now, more than ever, we are
making an impact on the world as we manufacture medical devices
that are used in the fight against COVID-19.
Whether you're looking to start your manufacturing career or are an
experienced manufacturer, you'll join a great team that is making a
Purpose Statement: Responsible for supporting production
manufacturing to meet customer deadlines. Applies job skills and
company policies and procedures to complete a wide range of tasks.
Strong knowledge and understanding of focus factory practices.
Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where limited
judgment is required. Must have a working knowledge of production
standards and production goals. Assist in cross training focus
factory members as instructed. Able to take ownership of a job
function. This position receives general instructions on all work
assignments and works on assignments that are semi-routine in
nature. This position is also required to operate within
established policies and procedures and to seek approval for
Key Job Accountabilities:
* Adapts to changes (work plan, priority and management decision)
in the work environment.
* Supports improvement initiatives and participates actively to
improve work environment (example 5S).
* Looks for opportunities to improve work productivity and
* Able to work cooperatively in a team and cross functional team(s)
* Able to maintain a level temperament in a stressful
* Openly and proactively shares information, knowledge and
experience with co-workers.
* Willing to take on additional assignments.
* Competent in required job knowledge and skills to perform
* Able to apply new work requirements with minimal supervision.
* Is up-to-date on all certifications and training requirements for
* Consistently completes assignments or work requirements on time
without compromising on quality.
* Uses time effectively to manage workload/tasks.
* Individual throughput goals are met.
* Understands and follows Plexus quality policy guidelines,
customer specifications and adheres to regulatory compliance.
* Monitors own work to ensure quality standard is met.
* Looks for opportunities to improve quality and eliminate waste at
* Delivers work in a way that eliminates scrap or rework.
* Keeps supervisors informed and escalates issues when needed.
* A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent GED is
* One (1) to Two (2) years of related experience is required; One
(1) year of related experience in electronics
production/manufacturing is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be
* Basic Computer Skills.
* Employee must be self-motivated with the ability to work
independently and in a team environment.
* Good oral and written communication skills are necessary.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to learn and be comfortable completing different tasks on
a frequent basis.
* Ability to sit and/or stand for the duration of shift.
* Ability to frequently reach at waist and occasionally above
* Ability to carry up to 10lbs and lift up to 45lbs.
* Ability to use fine motor skills and occasional use of hand
* Ability to frequently push, pull, bend, kneel, and/or stoop.
* Ability to meet visual acuity requirements that are defined by
defined industry certifications and customer specifications.
* The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment
with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is
not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent
could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing
a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus
does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse
backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake
sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas.
Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods
and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. persons." "U.S.
persons" are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful
permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted
asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
Keywords: Plexus Corp., Buffalo Grove , Production Associate III, Professions , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!