Senior Analyst- Indirect Tax
Company: US LBM Holdings
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posted on: May 28, 2023
US LBM is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of
specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of
over 15,000 employees located throughout the country. Since our
founding in 2009, we have acquired over 70 companies and have
expanded to more than 500 locations serving 37 states. US LBM is a
progressive organization that promotes a unique culture that
focuses on the value of its customers and associates. Developing
our people is critical to our strategy and fostering our culture of
empowerment.Things you should know about working at US LBM:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we
band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members
to help you along the way and partner on projects as
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven
organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on
task.How you will spend your days as a Senior Accountant-Indirect
- Coordinate preparation of sales/use and property tax returns
for all required state and local jurisdictions, including
establishment and maintenance of a consolidated compliance
calendar. Provide recommendations for improvement including key
components that can be centralized.
- Provide guidance for all Operating Companies in the handling of
their various tax-related transactions, including their sales of
products and services to customers, purchases of various items,
etc. Build tax matrices for this functional area for distribution
to Corporate and Operating Company staff.
- Ensure proper collection and payment of sales/use tax through
the maintenance and use of various taxing systems, including the
timely resolving of tax notices.
- Verify accuracy of general ledger sales tax accrual accounts,
as well as the monthly Operating Company data, including tax
accrued on A/P, fixed assets, and exempt sales.
- Monitor accuracy of sales/use tax rates. Provide
recommendations for improvement and manage implementation of
process improvement initiatives.
- Establish process to complete monthly account reconciliations
for sales/use tax.
- Handle taxing requirements of all customers, including
maintaining proper documentation for all exempt customers. Identify
opportunities to streamline maintenance of resale and exemption
- Identify opportunities to automate.
- Establish processes and internal controls. Manage SOX
compliance for this functional area.
- Complies with Companys attendance policy by maintaining regular
and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.We offer
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days
- Monday - Friday schedule
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- Well support your educational and career goals with our
continuous education programsWe want you to join the team if you
can check these boxes:
- Minimum education required - BS in finance or accounting
- Minimum experience required - 2+ years relevant experience,
including working directly with indirect tax issues in either
corporation and/or public accounting firm. Experience working in a
construction/building supply preferred.
- Effective in strategic business planning and relationship
building. Energetic and collaborative attitude with demonstrated
ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with
demonstrated presentation skills are required.
- Promote quality, safety and continuous process improvement.US
LBM Holdings, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability,
veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status,
order of protection status, or any other legally recognized
protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: US LBM Holdings, Buffalo Grove , Senior Analyst- Indirect Tax, Professions , Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...